Gutter cleaning can be a dangerous task and one that few homeowners look forward to each year. Here's some tips on how you can stay safe while cleaning your gutters. And if you just don't feel like getting up on that roof, give us a call or message and we'll safely get the job done for you. #binnspropertyworks.co.nz https://www.binnspropertyworks.co.nz/
1. Use a safe and sturdy ladder, preferably one with a small shelf strong enough to hold a bucket to collect gutter debris
2. Secure the bucket with a lanyard
3. Get someone to foot the ladder
4. Observe the 'three points of contact' rule
5. For every metre in height, the ladder should extend out from the vertical surface at the base by about 250mm. This minimises chances of the ladder failing backward or the bottom sliding away.